Saturday, August 14, 2010

Trey's First Day of School





Trey had his first day of Kindergarten this week. I'm super excited because he gets to come to school with me. I get to pick him up and bring him to school with me every morning. I was really nervous and excited for him the first day, but he was totally relaxed and calm. Every time I told him something he was like, "I know." He is my first nephew to go to school, so it's all pretty exciting and fun.

He loves Mrs. Ide and all of his friends. At the end of the day he is very tired and hungry. On Friday he said, "I met too many friends." I love it when I get to see him out and about campus. My class was stopped in the hall to let his class by one day and I totally disrupted his line when I stopped to ask him how his lunch was and give him a kiss. His biggest complaint this week was that he opened his own cookies at lunch time and two fell on the floor. He stepped on them because he couldn't eat them. Boys!

Two of my students pick him up from class everyday 5 minutes before the bell rings (it was a problem when I had a parent waiting outside my door to talk to me and Pat had to wait for me to get Trey so she could take a kid to the daycare vans). He loves hanging with "the big kids" and they love him. He gave all of the 5th graders a starburst on Friday and told them, "You rock! Good job, big kids."

Every morning he brings his breakfast and eats it in my class. After school, he wants to be just like Nick and Aaron and play games on the computer. I had to tell Mom to wait for 15 minutes after school gets out so that he has time to play for a minute. I love getting to spend a little bit of time with him everyday!

No comments: