Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 3- I'm done.

I'm an expert.


Everytime they ask about a side effect I tell them how I counteract it. Heartburn- I have taken a zantac 2 hours before my transfusion everday. Bad taste- Ice Breaker sours on my lap. Blood Sugar- I've stayed under 5 carbs everday. Of course I thought it was okay to have a cookie after dinner today which led to a blood sugar of 280. I swam and brought it down to 177, but it made me extremely tired and dizzy. Sleep- I nap and sleep about 5 hours the first 2 days. Only 20 min. nap today. I will probably sleep tonight. I keep out bubbles by not lifting my arm. My MS journal is updated everyday. I have a list of questions for my next neurologist appointment.



Camilla took me today. We were highly entertained by the nurses today. Nurse Pam from the first day pictures would like me to let you know that she is single and looking for a nice adventurerous man who likes to travel.


Can you spot all 3 sticks? Clue: Day 3 is the brightest red. Day 2 is to the left of that. Day 1 is barely visable above day 2.



Sandra came all the way down from Flagstaff just to see me. Of course I got extremely tired on the way to my mom's house and only stayed for a couple of minutes.



Sandra, David, and Matt all visited with me for a few minutes. They made me laugh really hard.



Two of my favorite guys. Matt wanted to know if my doctor misdiagnosed me and just forgot to add the "P" to the begining of my diagnosis.



Will letting my cry myself to sleep... again. I keep thinking he's going to rethink the whole wanting to be my friend thing, but he keeps sticking around. I've had a really hard time emotionaly today. I've had 3000 mg of steroids in 3 days and I am incredibly weepy. I'm tired of not feeling good. I'm exhausted. I'm having a hard time accepting that I still don't have control of my body. I hate being so weak and helpless. I hate not being able to do normal things. This MS stuff has kicked me in the butt. It's rough. I do not do "dependent" very well. I relate very well to the girl in Rob Thomas's song Diamonds. I'm trying though. I can't wait for remission and the months/years I get to enjoy before my next relapse. I know I can handle it. I will handle it, but I'm very thankful I'm done with my solu-medrol infusions. Sheesh, I'm an emotional wreck!

I love you all. Thanks for all of the love, prayers, and support I keep getting by the dozens. Lot's of you said you would come hang out with me and help me occupy my time, but I'm just not there yet. Sometimes it's all I can do to sit in the living room with Pam and the kids. Lot's of times I can't even do that. I will take you up on your offers in the next coming weeks though, I'm sure.







1 comment:

Lauren and Josh said...

So glad that's done and so sorry the 3 hour time difference and thousands of miles didn't allow me to be there. Love you!