Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dancing Through Life

I have been having so much fun and feeling so great lately. I feel almost back to normal. It's kinda weird how that happened. I honestly didn't think I would ever feel this good again. I guess I better get my butt in gear now!

Highland has a Win to Lose team. We are competing against other schools in the district in a weight loss program. Everybody put in $5 and the winning team gets to split the pot. Bring it! I've been trying to eat a lot better and I have been mildly successful at it. I'm getting hardcore now and I'm menu planning and recording everything I eat.

Exercise has been a little tougher for me. I could barely get out of bed for school in the morning and I was exhausted by the time I got home. I was more successful during Christmas break, but unfortunately I don't think sleeping in and getting to the gym about noon is a lifestyle I will be able to live any time soon. I'm ready to get back into daily exercise. Exercise makes me feel so good and my Neurologist said I can push myself every other day. The in between days I can do weight training or walking. The more I exercise the more energy I will have.

Now I feel like I can dance around all day long. I've missed dancing around to the music that plays in my head. I've been doing more and more for the last two days and it seems like it's not a fluke. Dancing is back in my life. Yep. I'm back, baby!

No comments: